EXAMPLE SENTENCES | ||
---|---|---|
你要么已经上了贼船,要么正在觊觎。 You've been on the Love Boat or know someone who has. | ||
“他们都觊觎对方的生活。”雷诺兹说。 "They each covet the other person's life," says Reynolds. | ||
我并不觊觎首相职务,也不寻求其他署理职位。 I am not seeking the leadership, nor acting with anyone else. | ||
举例来讲,他们或许有那些你时常觊觎名车豪宅。 For example, they might have the flashy car and big house which you always wanted. | ||
美国国家安全局觊觎得到他人的数据,尤其是外国人的数据。 The National Security Agency has an insatiable appetite for other people's data, especiallyforeigners. | ||
被汉森公司收购的谣言可能是捕风捉影,但公司仍担心其他觊觎者。 Rumours of a takeover by Hanson are probably far-fetched, but the company is worried about other predators. | ||
雄性提防着投机者对其屋舍的觊觎,得带雌性前来视察他们的创造。 The males defend their bower against opportunistic thieves and wait for females to inspect their creations. | ||
它也觊觎加拿大铝业集团——一个法加铝业公司,但是去年被力拓中标。 It also had its eye on Alcan, a big French-Canadian aluminum operator, but was outbid last year by Rio Tinto. | ||
似乎没什么变化,但是产量限制会让世界各地的宾利收藏者都觊觎这款宾利欧陆极致系列。 The changes seem minimal, but the limited production will make this Continental GT Design Series China the envy of Bentley owners the world over. | ||
我已向伊拉克人民明确表示,我们既不会寻求在伊保留军事基地,也不会觊觎其领土和资源。 I have made it clear to the Iraqi people that we pursue no basis and no claim on their territory or resources. | ||