EXAMPLE SENTENCES | ||
---|---|---|
我试图劝阻他,但为时已晚。 I tried to dissuade him, but it was too late. | ||
机场地勤曾试图劝阻飞行员起飞。 The airport ground crew tried to dissuade the pilot from taking off. | ||
没有人可以劝阻我改变那个决定。 No one can discourage me from making the decision. | ||
虽然我劝阻她,她还是愣干。 She persisted in going her own way, although I asked her not to. | ||
大部分人都被他的妻子劳伦劝阻。 Most were intercepted by his wife, Laurene. | ||
他们原打算在雾中出发,但被劝阻了。 They were going to set off in the fog, but were dissuaded. | ||
许多心理学家建议采用非身体惩罚,美国儿科学会劝阻打屁股。 Many psychologists recommend non-physical punishment, and the American Academy of Pediatrics discourages spanking. | ||
我们采取了联系各家报社的非常规做法来劝阻他们不要承接这则广告。 We took the unusual step of contacting newspapers to advise them not to accept the advertising. | ||
在那里他们发现有人在进行宣传鼓动,想要劝阻流民不去上工,因为农场所给的工资不公道。 There they found agitators attempting to keep the migrants from taking the work because of unfair wages offered. | ||
而鸽派代表人物赖斯则认为,要以多国制裁的方式钳制伊朗的地区野心,劝阻其停止进行核弹研发。 The doves, led by Ms Rice, argued for strong multinational sanctions to rein in Iran's regional ambitions and dissuade it from proceeding with building a bomb. | ||