EXAMPLE SENTENCES | ||
---|---|---|
他们似乎不太愿意像老一辈那般“吃苦”而毫无怨言。 They seem less willing to “eat bitterness”, as the Chinese put it, without complaint. | ||
在人人追求物质的时代,真实的情感那般一触即溃。 In an age of people pursuit of material, to be backed by real emotions. | ||
愿你像水晶般晶莹,却不要像它那般寒凛; May you be as glittering and translucent as crystal but not as cold as it. | ||
在母亲的坟茔前,我理解小弟为什么哭得那般绝望。 In front of mother's grave, I knew why my youngest brother cried hopelessly. | ||
因为他那时对我那般友善关心,我失控哭了起来。 Because he was being so kind and concerned, I broke down and cried. | ||
但生物界太复杂,并不如人工材料那般简单模拟便了事。 But biological world is too complicated to be simulated as simply as artificial materials. | ||
我已经明白美国没有我童年的那片新英格兰果园那般美好。 I've learned that the US is not as idyllic as the New England orchards of my childhood. | ||
我从来也没想到她会令我那般铤而走险,我到了桥的另一侧。 And I never thought she'd let me get that far. I got to the other side. | ||
我们并不是那般退缩以致丧亡的人,而是有信德得以保全灵魂的人。 We are not among those who withdraw and perish, but among those who believe and win personal salvation. | ||
现在,只有首尔的白菜危机烧的像舌头上的泡菜那般火辣。 For now, it is only in Seoul that the cabbage crisis burns as hot as kimchi on the tongue. | ||