EXAMPLE SENTENCES | ||
---|---|---|
我痛恨做事半途而废。 I hate a thing done by halves2. | ||
我做工作从不半途而废。 I never walk out on a job half done. | ||
初学者们遇到困难就半途而废。 Amateurs fall by the wayside when the going gets tough. | ||
他们已经宣布要继续战斗,而不是半途而废。 They have already declared their intention to fight on rather than settle for half-measures. | ||
这项试验一定要搞到底,不能半途而废。 We must carry the experiment through to the end, not give up halfway. | ||
我要为他说句公道话—他从不半途而废。 I'll say this much for him—he never leaves a piece of work unfinished. | ||
他不会辞职,因为他不是个半途而废的人。 He won't resign because he's not a quitter. | ||
然而,我偏执地猜测,你们通常会放弃或半途而废。 However, let me be paranoid here and draw your attention to the usual disclaimer. | ||
分管空客事物的汤姆·恩德斯已经表示这项计划可能半途而废。 Tom Enders, who heads the Airbus division, has signalled that the project could be scrapped. | ||
当截止日迫近,我们就很容易让那套习惯半途而废,然后专注工作。 When deadlines are pressing, letting your organizational habits fall by the wayside and focusing on the work itself is all too easy. | ||
- Translation
- ar تستسلم في منتصف الطريق de auf halbem Weg aufgeben es rendirse a mitad de camino fr abandonner à mi-chemin hi आधा छोड़ दो id menyerah di tengah jalan it rinunciare a metà ja 途中で諦める ko 중간에 포기하다 ms mengalah separuh ru сдаться на полпути sv ge upp halvvägs th ยอมแพ้ครึ่งทาง vi bỏ cuộc giữa chừng