EXAMPLE SENTENCES | ||
---|---|---|
鼠爸爸:不要得寸进尺,肥猫。 Rat father: Don't push your luck, fat cat. | ||
给他一英寸,他就要一英里(得寸进尺)。 Give him an inch, he will take a mile. | ||
你稍微做出一点让步;他试图得寸进尺。 You back off a bit; he responds by trying to take advantage. | ||
有没有觉的越是迁就一个人,那个人就越是得寸进尺。 There is no sense more to accommodate a person, that person is more insatiable. | ||
你再次逃课的话就真的太冒险了、得寸进尺。 You'll really be pushing your luck if you miss class again. | ||
永勿屈服于悲愁,要一直抗拒,否则这习惯变会得寸进尺。 Don't give in to sad for ever, always resist or the habit change will push your luck. | ||
贪婪也可以指得寸进尺,永不满足,贪图的东西可能是属于别人的。 Greed can also refer to the beer, never satisfied, coveted things might belong to others. | ||
哼嗯!小屁孩。总是自以为是。得寸进尺,赶明儿就游你头上去了。《小美人鱼》。 Hmm! Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch and they swim all over you! - Little Mermaid. | ||
闺蜜就是你越是迁就她,她就越是得寸进尺,但是你们的关系依旧那么好。 Bestie is the more you give her, the more she is insatiable, but the relationship is still so good. | ||
日本非不返躬自省,且得寸进尺,狂妄凶悍,自为己有称雄天下之力,而视我中国为羸弱之邦。 However, instead of reflecting themselves, the cruel and insatiable Japs regards China as a weak state and believes that they themselves could dominate the whole world. | ||